Well I have a whole week of things to post about. The week went something like this: basketball games(W), our friend Mikes '21' Birthday Celebration, a hair disaster, mom's visit, another basketball game(W- but it was not a fun W) and a fan club thanks to Uncle Kevin & Grandpa for coming, another basketball game(W), a hair fix, Gavin's birthday celebration and a Mary Poppins visit(thanks mom, you really are the best EVER!).
It was one of those weeks where I felt like I was sinking.... fast. I was overwhelmed, lots of thoughts running through this brain, so many things on my 'to-do' list and a hair disatster(never good for any blond). After the first quarter of the game Thursday where the score was 0-1, yes that is correct 0-1- I was ready to cry. I put so much energy and time into this team and felt like I had a group of girls that could care less- they had no energy, it felt like everything I was saying to them was going in one ear and out the other, everything I was showing them seemed to be a waste of time, I was so frustrated I was about a basket away from giving up. I didn't give up...as much as I wanted to, I knew they needed me and it was a matter of time and patientce. After the game we had a long talk and I prayed it worked. Well...it did- at least for Saturdays game. It's a process but I am going to keep working and pushing and I am confident that before the end of the season, some of what I have said will pay off.
This got me thinkin a little bit....I wonder if this is how God feels sometimes. I know there are so many times that he shows us and tells us things that we totally ignore. When I was working through that game, I tried so many different ways to communicate with them, however that didn't matter. They had to want to listen before anything I said would matter. He try's so many different ways to talk/show us how much we need him, however we have to want to listen before anything he does will matter.man- That game might have been a bigger eye opener and lesson for me than it was for them.
After having the week I had, I really believe that God was telling me I need to listen and lean on him. He is there, I just need to put my faith in him. I am so thankful that he has so much patience and NEVER gives up on us.
Here's to a new week...and a good lesson. Happy Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment