Remember when you were looking for that 'totally awesome class' to fill your college schedule. You talked to all of your older and wiser friends(or Zeta sisters like me) to find that perfect class where you will learn tons AND have an awesome professor. You had a few on your 'must take' list a but couldn't decide which one to pick, so you did the old fashion 'eenie menne minnie mo' pick- just hoping it landed on the best one....remember that?
Well, that is what I did about 6 months ago and boy did I pick the BEST one! Once I decided I was really going to take this photography stuff seriously, I thought it would best if I took an online class to learn more about the art of it.
I just happened(have no idea how) to stumble upon this website called 503 Photography and saw that they had an online workshop that looked to be pretty cool. I didn't know much about it but the website was cool and had great music to go along with killer pictures so I decided 'what the heck' gotta start somewhere!
I was worried because the fall session that I wanted to take was booked(yes, like that great class that you were wanted to take and your counselor said- oh sorry, its filled) so I had to sign up for the winter class that started in Jan. I was a little hesitant at first because I knew basketball would be starting the EXACT same day but thought to myself 'I took 21 credits in college... I surely can handle teaching, coaching, photography shoots, a simple online photography class AND be a wife all at the same time'. Sounds easy enough right... well, I only went crazy once! haha
Little did I know that this class was WAY more then just a ' simple online photography class'...it was a 'make you want to stay up late at night to practice, dream about f/stops and SS, read, read and reread your camera manual, take LOTS of pictures AND a head spinning most totally awesome online class EVER!'
I LOVED every second(ok hours) that I spent learning for this class. Jessica(aka- awesome professor) was great! She was soooo very helpful each week. She takes the time to critique and give feedback to each of your photos and will give you ideas on how to make the shot better. She is so understanding when it comes to having a busy schedule- she even allowed me to turn in my homework late..how great is that! Each week she challenged us to learn something new and to broaden our photography knowledge. She answered our questions, allowed us to mess up(which I did more than a few times) without giving us an F :) , yet she challenged us to learn and keep learning each week. Not only was Jessica great but the online format was super easy and I learned so much just from the other students as well.
I can't say enough about Jessica(aka awesome prof.) and the 503 Workshop, after the 6 weeks I was really bummed it was over and have missed getting the weekly assignments. Thanks Jessica and 503 for the AWESOME, TOTALLY WONDERFUL, SUPER FABULOUS, HEAD SPINNING CLASS! It was a great experience and I will forever owe you for helping me learn about the beautiful art of photography and getting one step closer to my dream of becoming a photographer.
I will leave you with 'I learned how to do this!' shot!
check out how blurry the guys are in the back....
now, just changing a few things on the camera...now you can see the guys in the back!!
How awesome is that! Oh how I miss 503!!!
Ok, enough typing for the day...off to take some pictures!

Photography is so fun!! Always learning something new too!!!
ReplyDeletethat is a really cool effect! love it. so happy that you are learning and doing what you love to do. hugs xoxo
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! This is the best, kindest, my-head-is-swimming-in-delight review I've ever read! Thank you so much. I am so, so humbled. Stay in touch, okay?!!
ReplyDelete