Tuesday, September 07, 2010

frustrated

Tonight I am frustrated. We had a volleyball game and it was not a pretty sight. Now, I knew going in that there was ALOT of work to be done with this team. They have had 7 different coaches in 7 years, and were 2-20 last year. I have tried VERY VERY hard to remain positive and optimist, throughout the season so far, they need alot of positive reinforcement and encouraging.  I am well aware that we have a long way to go before we will be really competitive but we have worked very hard and I have seen ALOT of improvement, so for the most part I have been pretty happy with the season, despite the losses.  However, tonight we took 2 steps back. As I watched the girls play I became VERY frustrated in what I was watching. I know how much better than that they are and it is so discouraging watching them give points to the other team because of their silly mistakes, lack of effort, and lack of focus. We have alot to work on tomorrow, its a good thing we have 3 days of practice without a game. We need it. I am certain they will gain those two steps back and hopefully after the next 3 days they will more 2 more steps forward. Its just might not be too pretty for the next few days.
 thanks for letting me vent. I am off to try to get some sleep....

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel your pain and frustration! It has been a rough season for us too, and our girls are much better than how they play in games. If you need to vent give me a call because I think our seasons are going about the same! They are lucky girls to have such a caring, motivated coach :)

    ReplyDelete