Wow...what a day! This morning started at 4:30 when Nathan got a call from the alarm company that one of his stores freezers were out. It was off and running from then on, and its now 5:30 and this is the first time I have sat down all day!! (I don't think Nathan is sitting down yet...he is still at work and has at least another hour left.) It amazes me everyday how hard he works...that is just one of the million reasons why I love him so much.
We have been traveling a lot since the the middle of July(we have one more fun trip planned!) and today was the first full day I have had to put our house back together. What a mess it was!! A run, spinning class, 5 loads of laundry, 2 loads of dishes, 2 cleaned bathrooms, a clean kitchen and a vacuumed and dusted house later this house is starting to look a little more welcoming and I feel like I have had a pretty darn productive day.
Ok so here is my confession... I have actually started to enjoy cleaning!! I KNOW I KNOW- it sounds crazy but here is my logic:
As a Physical Education teacher I have the privilege of teaching students the benefits and importance of living a healthy life. I teach them the bones, muscles, how to and how much to exercise, teamwork, and sport skills. As the year progresses I see their muscular strength and endurance, skill level, and knowledge of sports improve. However- I know they still have so much more to learn. They still have their whole lives ahead of them and hopefully some of what I have taught them will stick with them and they will live long and HEALTHY lives. BUT...I have no idea- I see no end product and there is no 'finished' at the end of the year. Schools starts again in August and I start the whole process over again.
This is where my enjoyment of cleaning comes in. This morning when I woke up and looked around at our house and saw a HUGE mess- I was a little overwhelmed. However, as the day progressed I saw improvement and now as the last dryer buzzer sounds I can say, 'I am finished'!! It is that feeling of accomplished that we strive for everyday.
now do you understand my new found enjoyment in cleaning.....
No comments:
Post a Comment