Wednesday, March 10, 2010

lots of updates

This might be the longest blog in history but I have lots of things to write about.


first off- Basketball season is over....so hard to believe. I had bitter sweet feelings Monday night as we walked off the court with our final W of the season. It has been a season full of learning for everyone. On Saturday we had our Conference tourney and were scheduled to play the top ranked team first. They had beaten us earlier in the season and are a very good team. I was confident if my 'intense, passionate and top notch' basketball team came out we would take the W, however, if my 'other' team showed up to play it could get ugly. We came out strong and I was feeling pretty good- however, their talent and shot percentage from the 3 point lined seem a little too much for us to handle. We were down 13 going into the 4th and it wasn't looking so good. Lesson 1: Never EVER give up- no matter how 'down' you are.
    This is what I kept telling my girls- and they listened!! We held them scoreless in the 4th and won by 1!!! It was so exciting and I was one proud coach. I am certain there were not alot of people in the stands that thought we could pull that one off- but we did and boy it felt good.
  Game 2 was a few hrs. later and I was pretty nervous because my girls don't do well after sitting for that long. Unfortunately that 'other' team showed up to play. We were down 22-10 at half and my girls didn't seem have the desire that it was going to take to win. As I walked into the locker room I thought of two half-time speeches I could give... I knew when I got in there God would tell me just what to say. It went something like this 'girls- you are a great team, each of you can play, however- if you don't have the passion and desire it takes to win, you can't. I can tell you the plays to run, how to play defense, and when to foul. However, I can't tell you how play with passion, I can't tell you how to play with heart, and I can't tell you how to play with the desire to win. That has to come from you heart. I will leave you in here to think, dig deep, and decide how you want to finish this season. I hope you find what it takes- because I know you have it.' Lesson 2: You have the put your whole heart into something if you want it to work.
  I guess it worked... we went on a 13 point scoring run and tied the score at the end of regulation to send us into OT! We played great throughout the extra 3 min. and we were up by 3 with 1.3 seconds left in OT...that was until they hit a last second 3 in the corner to send us into 2OT(great for my heart I must say). The double overtime was just as nice to us and we were up 1 with 1.2 seconds left- I felt the W and was ready to hear the buzzer. Nope- wouldn't happen. They hit a runner to win by 1. We lost. Lesson 3: Sometimes no matter how hard you fight- you come up a little short. It was a bummer but I could not have been more proud of the way my girls came out after half time. Gutsy. And now that the season is over- I am hoping that those girls take them same lessons and can apply them to life- because thats really what its about.


Second thing!
  I went back to the Dr. yesterday with Nathan and my mom. I  LOVED them- they were the best. I don't think I have ever been happier with a set of doctors ever. After looking at all of the test results and readings . they are not really sure what is going on with my heart. Dr. Denes said 'You are a puzzle- but the good thing is that I like puzzles!' It is some type of SVT but they are not sure what is causing it. The good news is that it is nothing life threatening and the structure of my heart looks great. I am going back after spring break to get an 'event monitor' that I wear for a month and they will also do a stress test. Although they didn't find the actual cause- I was very happy to hear that my heart looks healthy and there is no damage or blockage. Thank You Lord! I still can't say Thank You enough for the prayers and phone calls. I have the best friends and family anyone could ask for.

Last but not least....
 IT IS 65 DEGREES HERE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SUNNY!!! How awesome is that!!
 I am heading out for a run/walk now and then the girls and I are having a much needed dinner together. So looking forward to some girly time.

I think thats all for now. I am happy to say that I should be back in the blogging world a little more often now that basketball is over. Track starts next week but that is not as time consuming as the other.
Happy Day y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for your health and that the doctors can figure out what is happening!!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your bball season! I'm keeping the prayers coming your way...I've been thinking about you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear ALL of that! Been thinkin alot about you!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete