Thursday, June 03, 2010

SCHOOOOLLLLS OUT...

FOR SUMMMERR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPEEE.

Ok so it was a little bitter sweet today when I left, however, the 'blues' quickly went away when I walked outside and saw the beautiful sunshine and realized I was on vacation.Time for picture taking, reading, laying by the pool, a zoo trip or two, a mother/daughter trip, a brother/brother fishing trip...just to name a few.

I usually don't post about my students however, there is one family that has been on my mind for a long time and I am asking for prayers for them.  Quick background- the older brother is an awesome kid- good student, kind, athletic, fun and happy- but this past year he has been different and the younger brother- another great kid, just a little spunky but tons of fun, has been getting into trouble more then normal for a second grade boy. One day I ask the older brother if he was ok and he said 'No.' period. that's all, just NO. I was shocked and it broke my heart. I told him he was always welcome to come and talk and it wasn't a day later that he was in my gym in tears.  Their dad has been cheating on their mother for some time now, he is into drugs and is not a nice guy to the boys, but the mom continues to let him back into their life. Lets just say that everyday when I ask the 3rd grader how things are going, I see his eyes swell with tears, and he says 'not good'. The dad is in and out just about every other day.  He comes by my gym each week and stays after his class to chat. Man, it amazes me how strong he is- such an inspiration. It is a rough rough road at home but through it all the boys are GREAT kids, despite the fact that their dad is not. There story breaks my heart and I wish so much I could just bring them home with me.Please pray for them, I know I will be LOTS! thanks.

We have LOTS on our plate for the summer... I will blog about that soon :)  It's going to be an adventure that's for sure but we can't wait!


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your student. It's so sad to realize the worries our little kiddos carry with them, but so awesome to see how they cope. I'm so happy he had you as a safe person to confide in. The end of the school year is bittersweet. Enjoy the sun this summer!

    ReplyDelete