Tuesday: We had small group with another great week of conversations over the book of Luke. I am learning so much and really enjoying it. My next goal is to do a better job on daily readings and devotions!
Wednesday: The girls and I from small group had our first 'girls night out' in over a year! It was sooo much fun. When the waiter asked if we were ready to order I said, 'I am sorry but we plan on being here for a long time!' We met at 6 and did not leave until 10:30!!! I am so thankful for these girls. They are such amazing women- that have taught me so much about life. We had lots of laughs, a few tears, good food and yummy fondue to finish off the night. I can't wait to do it again.
friends forever
my wonderful friend Bridgette and I enjoying a little fondue!
Vicky & Hilary shared their fondue too
While I was out with the girls Nathan and his dad went fishing. Now picture this:
Nathan and his dad carrying a boat across a 4-lane highway, over a railroad tracks to a hidden lake!! It makes me chuckle to think about. This is the text picture I got in the middle of dinner....

From the look on my husbands face they had a fun time!
Thursday: Nathan and I took the day off and slept in until 10. It was awesome. We decided at the last minute to make a road-trip to Purdue. Very random but so fun. We enjoyed a few drinks, pickle chips and lunch at Scotty's and made a stop at our favorite ice cream shoppe The Silver Dipper before we headed home. We stopped at his parents(they were very shocked and thought we had some big announcement to make- which we didn't)and had dinner at Arnies Pizza. So much for my diet that day but it was worth it.
Friday: Nathan was up ALL night because one of his stores coolers went out- then he left this morning at 4. I got a little more sleep than he did but once he left I was up for good. I got a run in and realized that fall really is here!! It did not get light out until 6:30ish. Before we know it- it will be 8 before we see sunlight. Awww- the joys of NWI. Tonight we grilled chicken, and enjoyed a walk to buy a Power Ball ticket!! When we got home I cleaned out the refrigerator and opened a butter dish and found worms that my father-in-law had brought me for my birthday!!! I called to give him a hard time and to my surprise I got to talk to our niece Morgan on the phone. She is such a doll- she asked if we would come down and play with her tomorrow. We sure do miss those little ones.
Tomorrow: Nathan has to work in the morning and my friend Heidi and I are going for a run together(the mini is only 3 weeks away!). We then plan on watching lots of football tomorrow!! The Boilers play ND tomorrow night @ 8- so we will be cheering them on loud and clear. I am feeling Boilermaker upset. 24-21 Purdue Wins.
Have a great Saturday and Boiler UP!!y
No comments:
Post a Comment