Thursday, September 10, 2009

week(end)

This post is a little over-due but I wanted to be sure to blog about our fun weekend and this is the first chance I have had.

Friday night we packed up and meet my mom at the Lake. We enjoyed Gino's pizza, a beer and a beautiful sunset to finish off the work week. Saturday the plan was to stay at the lake till around 4ish and head to Scottsburg for my friend Heathers surprise ??th birthday(I wont post how OLD she is just incase she reads this! haha.). The day was beautiful and we were enjoying relaxing and soaking up some sun. Nathan took the canoe out around noon for a little fishing trip. Well, 4 o'clock came and went and he was still out there(I have no idea how he can do that)! His little fishing trip turned into 36 fish and he decided to come back in with enough for us to have for dinner. So much for leaving by 4- we had fresh fish to eat and the sun was starting to set- we were staying the night! Man, talk about a VERY yummy and organic dinner....lets see- he paddled out, fished with night crawlers, skinned(or whatever you call it) the fish and made homemade batter. To top it off we had fresh MI peaches and homemade red raspberry pie!! Now that is what I call good home cookin'.
We got up early on Sunday and drove to my New Albany to meet up with Kelly and Tim. They were kind enough to let up stay at their VERY CUTE home for the night. The four of us got dressed up and headed to the surprise dinner.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE surprises so I was very giddy before Heather got there. Her husband had set the entire party up and did a great job. I think she had an idea that something was going on HOWEVER she never guessed her college roommate(who lives in Ohio) and Nathan & I would be there(I had told her earlier in the week that we were going to the lake!!). It was so fun- we had a great dinner and enjoyed awesome company! It made me miss southern IN.
Monday we slept in a little and then went to breakfast with Kelly & Tim. After 4 different stops we ended up at Denny's. Not my favorite(IHOP was an hour wait) however, our waitress gave us a good laugh. She randomly joined in on our conversations (a few times) and coughed into our coffee....Kelly was afraid we would get the N1H1 virus! haha
On our drive home we stopped at Nathan's mom and dads for some homemade ice cream!!! It was delicious and I am sure totally fat-free. :)

It was packed weekend full of fun memories. I took lots of pictures to show but.... my camera battery is dead so I will charge it tonight and post them tomorrow for everyones viewing enjoyment.

ps- tomorrow is friday already... YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment